[AccessD] Himachi

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Jan 5 14:01:20 CST 2006

If I can get this thing working I have several immediate applications for
it.  I have two different client companies that need a network between
dispersed locations, specifically so that they can do backups to remote
locations.  I am about to write a piece of code that organizes emails from
contractors into folders. It will strip off attached documents which are
equipment documentation, store them in an external hard disk (usb) and if I
can get this private network working, it will then also write to an
identical external hard disk at my client's home office so that all
documents are immediately backed up in two different physical locations.  If
the client picks up his email at home and runs the program, it will save the
documents to the home office drive, and then also to the drive in his
office.

I have been looking for a way to do this kind of thing that doesn't require
a Notwork guy to maintain the thing.  For it to work, my client has to be
able to set it up on the two machines.  An additional benefit is that I may
be able to set up remote desktop over this virtual network so that I can
support him.  This Hamachi might be just the ticket.