[AccessD] Access97 on W2000 crashes

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Mon Jan 9 08:42:22 CST 2006

Andy,

Can you post the routine here?

As Gustav noted - debug.print or better custom log file writes here and
there in the problematic routine could help to localize the source of the
problem rather quickly - after not that many GPF crashes hopefully. BTW, do
not forget to "kill" ghost MS Access instances/monikers before the next test
run, which may hang in Running Objects Table(ROT) when MS Access GPFs - use
ROTClean utility for that ROT clean-up...

> It isn't a coding error because everything works fine on W98.
This could be coding problem, which doesn't appear on W98 but shows its ugly
head on W2K with latest updates.
There was a problem with recordsets in MS Access 97 SR1, which was breaking
MS Access 97 (first release) code and then MS Access 97 SR2 solved the
issue. Sorry, I can't remember what kind of problem it was - maybe this link
helps: http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0016.htm...

Shamil