[AccessD] Access97 on W2000 crashes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 9 10:00:56 CST 2006

Hi Shamil

No problem.

No, it was a simple line like

  Debug.Print "Records:", lngRecordCount

which "can't" fail. But it did.
However, I did not do the import-to-new-thing which might have cured the issue. In production code no Debug.Print is needed, so I just commented it out. Still wondering.

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 09-01-2006 16:24:01 >>>
> It was the line with Debug.Print (left in the production code) that caused
the crash!
I did misinterpret your advice, Gustav, sorry.

But was that just:

debug.print

i.e. debug.print of an empty line or it had some stuff to debug.print?

I guess the problem was with debug.print's parameters?

In the cases like Andy's the only way to find the problematic code is to use
detailed logging - simple text file I/O should be used for that with file
open for append/close for every log record write...

To find a stable workaround the source VBA code line(s) resulting in the GPF
should be found - trying to "solve" the problem with "blind" installation of
different updates is a pure guessing/gambling...

Shamil