[AccessD] Access97 on W2000 crashes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 9 12:03:23 CST 2006

Hi Shamil

You are absolutely right. But, you know, this app was developed by someone else and I really didn't feel that much for it. I was happy just to be able to track down this weird bug. The budget didn't leave room for fun, so ...
Will I be punished in the next life? Who knows.

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 09-01-2006 18:58:38 >>>
> No, it was a simple line like
>   Debug.Print "Records:", lngRecordCount
Well, it looks simple but it implicitly uses Long to String conversion, it
does use tabbed formatting of output etc.
Did you try to comment and to replace it with just

Debug.print

?

It may happen VBA didn't compile/execute lngRecordCount assignment code line
at all because you commented out the only(?) line where this assignment was
used etc.

<<<
so I just commented it out. Still wondering.

Yes, it happens sometimes - this "automagical" bug fixing.

But I'm usually trying to avoid that by any means and to find the real cause of the
troubles for me and my customers to sleep well :)

Shamil