[AccessD] Report Summing Help

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Mon Jan 9 15:36:37 CST 2006

One way to do it would be to create a 2 field table where field 1 is a
number from 1 to 12 representing the month. Field two is the text name of
the month Jan, Feb, Mar etc. Join this table with your data table. In the
query grid select the prevyrdata and curryrdata fields and the new month
number field. Select groupby but change the month number field to a where
clause. in the criteria place >=3. The result should be a two field record
with the totals you want. HTH
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence Mrazek [mailto:lmrazek at lcm-res.com]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 3:17 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Report Summing Help

Hi:

I have a report comparing previous year data with current year data. Let's
assume that the report was run for period 4, which included everything
Jan-March data:

Month:	PrevYrData	CurrYrData
Jan		10		10
Feb		20		10
Mar		10		10
Apr		10		0
May		10		0
Jun		10		0
Jul		10		0
Aug		10		0
Sept		10		0
Oct		10		0
Nov		10		0
Dec		10		0

Totals YTD	40		30 (I need it to do this)
Totals	130		30

I'd like the report to be able to calculate the YTD comparison totals, that
is, if we ran the report for the first 4 months, it would automatically
create YTD totals for the previous year for the first 4 months (instead of
calculating for all 12 months).

Any ideas on how to approach this? This is generated from data off a
mainframe, so I don't have a lot of control over the format and fields.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com