[AccessD] Access97 on W2000 crashes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 10 09:50:34 CST 2006

Hi Andy

First, if the issue is a dll, one (fast) thing to check is if any exists in more than one folder. If so, and you can't sort that out, use RefLibPaths.

Then, SysCmd(..) run from code will not compile and save the code. It must be done from outside a code module which means manually (as we, the developer, do) or from a macro. Brilliant idea from Charlotte.
It is not that difficult to implement. Read closely here from the old thread:

  Broken References in Runtime AXP and A97. Solved!

  http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/htdig/accessd/2003-July/011034.html

Note the extended test for broken references.

/gustav

>>> andy at minstersystems.co.uk 10-01-2006 14:52:32 >>>
I've listed below the results of running ListRefs on the two machines. At
first I thought they were identical, but there is one difference in the path
to the Outlok library. Under W98 this is

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\msoutl9.olb

whereas W2K has the old-fashioned DOS'y path of

C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office\msoutl9.olb

Surely this is not significant. It can't be, can it?

The other thing I thought odd was that the DAO 3.5 reference returns a
.Major and .Minor of 4.0 not 3.5, but then again it's the same on both
machines.