[AccessD] Access97 on W2000 crashes

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Jan 11 04:44:45 CST 2006

<<<
an API call in a module could have any effect on this
even if is not called by the time the
crash occurs?

No, it cannot. That would be a nightmare miracle if it could have such side
effect...  (I assume you don't have other API calls, which may unwillingly
change not only data but also the code and by thus result in calling other
API functions, which result in GPF. FYI: API functions' entry points are
written in a special area of loaded DLLs and this area isn't protected and
can be modified on runtime...)

<<<
am I safe in assuming that the only routines I need to
> look at are ones I'm calling?

Yes, you're safe. But be sure you don't miss any routines called by
indirectly fired events....

Shamil