[AccessD] File Created with wrong name

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jan 13 10:47:19 CST 2006

Hi Reuben

Yes, if all you receive is a zip with a file given a short name, that's it.
Why the short name was zipped is difficult to say. In Win9x with FAT or FAT32 file system I think you could set it up to use short filenames only; I'm not sure about NTFS file system.

A primitive method to preserve the long file name is to save it as text in a text file, say filename.txt, and include that in the zip. Then, at the receiver, unzip both files and read the true name from the text file.

/gustav

>>> reuben at gfconsultants.com 13-01-2006 17:32 >>>
The file in question was emailed to me and that long name thing does not
work on it (is that possibly lost in the emailing).

More importantly, why did their system store the file this way?

If I ALWAYS run this GetLongFileName on the path and file I plan to FTP I
should always get the correct path.  Because if I pass the long name I
should get the long name, correct?

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
812.523.1017