[AccessD] Ensuring FTP completion

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 17 07:52:34 CST 2006

Gustav

...I'm curious as to what a third party ftp product allows you to do that
you can't do from vba? ...I've been using Access to ftp files for several
years now without a hitch ...why would I want to complicate that?

...I realize that you get bells and whistles ...but what basic functionality
is added that vba won't give you?

...while I've never found it necessary to check file integrity after ftping
it as JC needs to do, if the need arose I'd use vba to ftp the file back and
check it locally ...certainly that is a longer process but compared to what?
...and using vba I'm not subject to all the myriad of problems I've had
using 3rd party anything.

...there are times when 3rd party tools are essential ...but ftp seems to be
such a straight forward proposition in vba that I'm curious as to what you
find it won't allow you to do that is really necessary?

William