[AccessD] VB Scripts

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jan 17 15:56:18 CST 2006

On 17 Jan 2006 at 12:06, Jim Lawrence wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Here is a simple question.
>
> Does MS require MS Office products to be able to run VB Scripts or VS to be
> able to compile these scripts in order to have them run on a system or is
> the capability just built into any version of Windows? ...like IE.
>
> Can the ability of running of VB scripts be easily turned off and on?
>
> A client is requesting specific details so they can balance security against
> functionality and I just do not know enough about the subject.

VB Scripts can be executed by the Windows Scripting Host (WSH) on any
Windows machine (W95 and onwards) as long as WSH has not been disabled and
it isn't blocked by an AV product.

Take a look at
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/win.script.hosting.html
for info on the security aspects.

What does your client think they need VBScript for? There are probably
better and more secure options available.

--
Stuart