[AccessD] OT - Progs Using Internet Connection

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 18 13:51:51 CST 2006

Your router might not protect against outgoing packets unless you
directly set its outgoing packet rule set.
or this might not be available at all on older or less expensive routers.
To protect against invalid outgoing packets use something like ZoneAlarm.
This extra software might add a extra second or two to a one meg download
This might be considered a belt and suspenders defence.

See Gibson's site http://www.grc.com
Faqs and tests for more info.

--
Marty Connelly