[AccessD] Source Code Control

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:09:18 CST 2006

On 1/19/06, Shamil Salakhetdinov <shamil at users.mns.ru> wrote:
> > I mean, honestly, it works for a little side project
> Josh,
>
> I guess MS uses VSS by themselves ...

Actually, pre-2005 many departments didn't even use it. The large ones
because VSS or CVS for that matter, was not designed for that size,
and the smaller ones because... well, they just didn't like it.

> I did use VSS in a huge MSVC++ project of my colleague with thouzands of
> source files and a half of a hundred projects - it worked well, no problems
> at all...
>
> I think most of the "horror stories" about VSS are in the past now.

I hope at least with 2005 they fixed most of the issues. If so, then I
can let the horror stories start to die with the rest of them.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein