[AccessD] Read External File for Path String

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Thu Jan 19 10:21:43 CST 2006

I have run into that problem here at work.  That is why I went back to ini
files and have also played with XML files.  Proved to be easier (using an
ini file) than trying to fight an uphill battle to get the workstation
image for 60 of the 350 plus users for one of my apps changed.

Jeffrey F. Demulling
Project Manager
U.S. Bank Corporate Trust Services
60 Livingston Avenue
EP-MN-WS3C
St. Paul, MN  55107-2292
Ph: 651-495-3925
Fax: 651-495-8103
email: jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com

             "Charlotte Foust"
             <cfoust at infostats
             ystems.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  "Access Developers discussion and
             accessd-bounces at d         problem solving"
             atabaseadvisors.c         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
             om                                                         cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/19/2006 10:08          Re: [AccessD] Read External File
             AM                        for Path String

             Please respond to
                  "Access
                Developers
              discussion and
             problem solving"
             <accessd at database
               advisors.com>

That works if you have permission to write to the registry, Gustav.
We're running into more and more situations where the user does  NOT
have permission to read and write the registry.  Apparently the "new"
approach is to use an xml file in documents and settings.

Charlotte Foust