[AccessD] Syntax for seeing named range in excel

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Fri Jan 20 14:08:20 CST 2006

Gustav,

>Nice to hear. Please let me leave that as the quote of the week!

Well, you know how it goes with this list, there is so much traffic that you
have to ignore what you don't use.

I just don't use Excel much for my own purposes.  I am moving this summer to
North Carolina and have to get real about my money so this last week I did a
"Income/Expense" workbook with three worksheets for income, expenses and
credit.  It wasn't until I started naming ranges there and then using the
names that I discovered just how cool they are.

>So, everyone else, Named Ranges are so simple to apply and use, the feature
has been there since "forever", but still most users and many programmers
don't know about it, thus wasting time hammering primitive cell coordinates
into formulas and code.

Amen Brother!

Now I need to figure out how to CREATE named ranges when I build a
spreadsheet in VBA.

Nice to hear. Please let me leave that as the quote of the week!

However, I haven't missed an opportunity to mention this through the
years(!) - speaking for deaf ears?

So, everyone else, Named Ranges are so simple to apply and use, the feature
has been there since "forever", but still most users and many programmers
don't know about it, thus wasting time hammering primitive cell coordinates
into formulas and code.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com 20-01-2006 19:40:29 >>>

I just really discovered named ranges and boy is THAT cool, even inside the
spreadsheet.