[AccessD] Setting data into and getting data from Named Ranges

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Mon Jan 23 09:34:57 CST 2006

OK, to SET a value:

SomeBook.Names(strRangeName).RefersToRange = val

To read a value:

SomeBook.Names(strRangeName).RefersToRange

Only tested for single cell ranges, and setting the SAME VALUE into square
ranges ("tables").

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Colby
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 8:12 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Setting data into and getting data from Named Ranges

I am moving right along with my Excel stuff but now I need to watch as data
is poked into named ranges.  But first I have to discover how to poke stuff
into named ranges.  I am finding a lot of code for setting up the named
ranges but not a lot about actually setting a single value into the (single
cell) range, setting a table of data (from Access) into a named range
(multiple cells), and then of course, reading a value from a single cell
named range, or getting data back out of a named range (multiple cells) into
a table.

Does anyone have example code for this?