[AccessD] Sequence number in query

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:28:20 CST 2006

Rocky,

I can't remember where I got this...but I used it to generate a number
sequence in a query...the problem was displaying and scrolling through the
records...but it did work using an append query and saving the results.  I
did have to reset the counter after each time, but no big deal.  I just
called the foolowing function from my query:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Global lngTableCounter As Long

Function MyAutoCtr(prmAny)
'Trick is to pass a field from the input table(s) so that function called
for each record
'otherwise Access thinks that the function will always return the same value
and
'only calls it once, and every output record gets the same value
MyAutoCtr = lngTableCounter
lngTableCounter = lngTableCounter + 1
End Function

Hope it helps...