[AccessD] Strange flickering problem.

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 26 10:53:10 CST 2006

Hi Bobby

Does Access's memory consumption rise as well?
Did you read my posting yesterday:

Memory usage at import of MySQL tables (DoEvents Magic)

/gustav

>>> bheid at appdevgrp.com 26-01-2006 17:18:41 >>>
Hey,

Doing some work on-site for a client using Access 2000.  I am updating an
existing reports database that uses mostly macros to call queries and
what-not.  They want me to do the same (ughhh!).  The OS is XP Pro.  Their
are local tables and links to SQL tables in the database.

Anyway, sometimes when I kick off a long running macro (5-10 minutes), and
go to do something else, Excel, email, etc., when I come back to the Access
IDE, it will be flickering very badly.  Through task list, I see 100% CPU,
with Access taking maybe 50% and explorer taking up most of the rest.  I
have not left it more than about 15 minutes before killing Access.  Task
list shows Access as running during this.  After killing Access the system
is back to normal.

It looks like something is making all of the windows redraw hundreds of
times a second.  Even the task list wind (set to on top) flickers some.

Has anyone else seen this?  Have any solutions?

Thanks,
Bobby