[AccessD] Bit OT: What is Access Written in?

Ron Allen chizotz at mchsi.com
Sun Jan 29 23:36:11 CST 2006

Hello Darren,

At least most versions of it are written in C++, but one of the
reasons that the C# language was developed was to provide a C-based
language specifically to port the Office and other Microsoft apps to
that had built-in memory management etc. At one point I read an
article that said that the first release of C# didn't quite have
everything they wanted in it for this purpose, so I think that the
current version is also in C++, but could be wrong. However, with each
release it could be in C#, unless they've changed directions on that
in the meantime.

Ron