[AccessD] fastest way to execute sql

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Thu Jul 13 13:10:30 CDT 2006

Mark,

The fastest way is to have your server execute it using pass through SQL.
You should NEVER pull millions of rows into Access for processing.  That is
crazy.  It is not designed to do that.

Once you have the pass through query defined, you can use it as a data source to
append data into a table on the Access side, but don't even think about doing
millions of rows.

Robert L. Stewart
The Dyson Group International
Software for the Non-profit Enterprise