[AccessD] Opening password protected database

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Jul 14 11:43:55 CDT 2006

Dear List:

I am trying to open a password protected database using the following:

Set db = CurrentDb
MsgBox db.Name
Dim strPWD As String
strPWD = "shannon"
Dim strDB As String
strDB = Left(db.Name, Len(db.Name) - 6) & "BE.mdb"
Set db = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(strDB, False, False, "pwd=" & strPWD)

Set db = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(db.Name, False, False, "pwd=" & strPWD)

I used Set db = CurrentDb just to be sure I was getting the exact path
and file name of the back end and strDB does indeed have the correct
path and filename of the back end.  The password is also correct.

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe there's a simpler way? The client wants to have the back end
password protected, so instead of using the simple set db=Currentdb
everywhere in the app I guess I have to use some syntax which specifies
the password.  All the tables in the back end are linked.

MTIA

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin