[AccessD] Expanded version - was Brief questions

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Tue Jul 4 18:08:36 CDT 2006

Thanks William. However, after downloading the sample database, I realize that I might not have been clear on one issue. It's the field content that I want to rotate, not the label.

http://www.babcockancestry.com/storage/goodanproblem/ has the files I will refer to below. Everything is Office 2003, so Access2003, Publisher2003, Word2003.

goodanprojectendresult.jpg is what the final report will look like (text only, of course, not the various lines).
goodanprojecttemplate.jpg is the template with the measurments.
Goodan60th.mdb is the very simple database with the names.

This whole thing is based on http://www.paperdirect.com/Dignity+Folded+MiniCards/item_no=FLDMCDIGNT/cid=2034/page_no=1/shop.axd/ProductDetails - PaperDirect sells templates for Publisher and Word but there is a problem with both.

With Publisher, Folded Mini Cards no.. (first one) it merges with the mdb and the names DO rotate text but it ends up with four of the same name on a page and then goes to the next record. They are aware of the problem but have not been able to figure out how to fix it. So that is out because it wastes 3 of ever 4 cards.

With Word, Folded Mini Cards no.. (second one) there is no way to rotate the text upside down. 90degrees left or right, but not 180. So using that template prints only one side.

Folded Mini Cards no.. (third one) is moot at present, eventually we want to put pictures to the side of the names.

Mini Fold Tent Form.frm is moot at present as well. It's a WordPerfect11 form that pulls in the info from the mdb, and it rotates fine, BUT, it only merges in about 2/3 of the names. No idea why it doesn't merge them all in. Doesn't merge them all in from Excel either.

So, now that I've expanded on what is needed, can it all be done within Access? If so, how?

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net