[AccessD] Pass thru Query - SQL Server

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Thu Jul 6 15:52:37 CDT 2006

Answers to your questions below.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Stuart
McLachlan
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:36 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Pass thru Query - SQL Server

On 6 Jul 2006 at 15:05, Kaup, Chester wrote:

> I have the following pass through query to SQL server. The table it

> tries to access will open. I have verified the table name and field

> names. I have write permission to the table. If someone knows some SQL

> server stuff your help would be appreciated.

> EXEC sp_rename 'dbo_SurfaceMaster.UWI', 'API10', 'COLUMN';

What sort of error are you getting?

ODBC-Call Failed

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Either the parameter
@objname is ambiguous or the claimed @objtype (COLUMN) is wrong.
(#15248)

Yet if I go directly to the table in access I can open it.

Do you have Execute permission on the sp?

That I do not know

What is it renaming? Are you changing a table structure here? If so, you

need more that just Write permission on the table, you must be logged in

with a role that permits Altering objects.

I am attempting to change a column name.

--

Stuart

AccessD at databaseadvisors.com