[AccessD] Slightly OT: Project Management Software for the Developer

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 15:30:49 CDT 2006

You might not necessarily need a full blow app. I use excel for my
scheduling, and follow the principles listed from this JoelOnSoftware
Article:

Take a look at the article. Shouldn't be too hard to add a billable
hours column and then generate fun graphs from it.

Josh

On 7/10/06, Jim DeMarco <Jdemarco at hudsonhealthplan.org> wrote:
> List,
>
> We are looking for a lightweight (easy to use) software to track time
> spent on a given project and that will give us the ability to track
> slippage (and why).  We'd like to see timeline graphs as well as
> billable hours (even though we don't bill).  Does anyone have any
> recommendations?  A search of list archives didn't turn up much besides
> homegrown systems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim DeMarco

Darsant Silverstring

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein