[AccessD] Meet VBA's Replacement

Kenneth Ismert kismert at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 14 14:59:33 CDT 2006

Shamil,

> Did you read here about this 10+ seconds start-up trouble when
> automating MS Word, MS Access, ... from VB.NET (VS2005)
> ... Or I use it on a slow PC (W2003, 2GHz, 1GB) and this is my
> trouble only? ?

Yes, I did read that. That's the sucky part, in my opinion. I fear
Microsoft's position is that the problem is your 'slow' PC (which is
about the same as mine).

If you look at the specs for Vista, their "Windows Vista Premium Ready"
PC recommendation is below yours in performance. For most of us, the
video card will need upgrading. See:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvista/evaluate/hardware/vistarpc.mspx

But, my feeling is their 'Ready' level PC will deliver unacceptable
performance for developers.

I hope the specific problem you encountered will be addressed in a
future release. But I think the hardware bar has been raised for VSTO
developers as well.

-Ken