[AccessD] SendObject

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sun Jul 16 14:53:58 CDT 2006

Group:

...the following function works in a full A2K3 install but fails in a
runtime install"

Private Function ExportRoutine()
  Dim db As Database
  Dim qdf As QueryDef
  Dim lorst As Recordset
  Dim strName As String
  Dim strFile As String
  Const strSpecName = "~~TempSpec~~"
  On Error GoTo ExportRoutine_err
  With Me.lstResult
    strFile = DialogFile(OFN_SAVE, "Save file", "", .Column(3) & " (" &
.Column(2) & ")|" & .Column(2), CurDir, .Column(2))
  End With
  If Len(strFile) > 0 Then
    'first get a unique name for the querydef object
    strName = Application.Run("acwzmain.wlib_stUniquedocname", "Query1",
acQuery)
    Set db = CurrentDb
    Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef(strName, Me.txtSQL)
    qdf.Close
    With lstResult
      Select Case .Column(0)
      Case 0 'Transferspreadsheet
        DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, .Column(1), strName, strFile,
True
      Case 1 'Transfertext
        DoCmd.TransferText .Column(1), , strName, strFile, True
      End Select
    End With
  End If
ExportRoutine_end:
  On Error Resume Next
  DoCmd.DeleteObject acQuery, strName
  qdf.Close
  Set qdf = Nothing
  db.QueryDefs.Refresh
  Set db = Nothing
Exit Function
ExportRoutine_err:
  Resume ExportRoutine_end
End Function

...I'm certain that its because the function uses the acwzmain.mde library
but I'm not sure I understand why ...if I copythe acwizmain.mde to the
Office11 directory on the runtime installs, the function still fails ...is
there any way to force a runtime to use the library ...or do I have to back
up and approach this in an entirely different way? ...suggestions welcome.