[AccessD] Mobile Access with an mde

Kath Pelletti kp at sdsonline.net
Sun Jul 16 19:15:42 CDT 2006

Thanks Steve
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Conklin
  To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
  Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 10:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [AccessD] Mobile Access with an mde

  To go to PocketPC form factor requires either .Net with CF (compact
  framework) connecting to a SQL CE db, or 3rd party tools  (like SprintDB).
  There is no support for Access UI objects in Windows Mobile. (There is some
  support for Pocket Access, but that is only tables, and seems to be on the
  deprecation path).  Of course, if the device always has an interent
  connection, you could do a web app, but your BE would need to available on a
  web server, and in that case , probably want to move to SQL anyway.

  Not what you wanted to hear, I am sure,
  but HTH anyway,
  Steve