[AccessD] Import Large delimited file with special character s

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 19 13:34:16 CDT 2006

I don't know what generated the original text but I am just wondering if you
have a mixture of hard and soft carriage returns.  This is just a stab
in the dark
A hard return vbcrlf is like a word paragraph mark.  to enter via Access
on a form you press Ctrl Enter, A soft return would appear as a black
rectangle
when displayed on a form in a memo field.

you might want to check if you have vbCrLf = chr(13)+ chr(10) or vbCr =
chr(13)

UPDATE tblMemo SET tblMemo.TestMemo = Replace ([TestMemo],Chr(13) &
Chr(10),"***");
then

Mark A Matte wrote:

>Thanks Marty...but not all of the CR and LF need to be replaced.  There
>still needs to be one at the end of each line.
>

>>From: MartyConnelly <martyconnelly at shaw.ca>
>>To: Access Developers discussion and problem
>>solving<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>>Subject: Re: [AccessD] Import Large delimited file with special character s
>>Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:25:46 -0700
>>
>>  strAddress  =Replace (strAddress, Chr(13) & Chr(10), "")
>>or if you want a space
>>  strAddress  =Replace (strAddress, Chr(13) & Chr(10), " ")
>>
>>Mark A Matte wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks Drew,
>>>
>>>....but the issue would be 'How do you tell the right from the wrong?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Mark

>>character	s

Marty Connelly