[AccessD] CDOSYS

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 19 13:44:22 CDT 2006

Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects 2.0  CDOSys
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6384
and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_techsel_tech_1.asp

However you have to grok the various flavours of CDO, I think you
only want to use CDOSys

Relationship between 1.x CDO Libraries and CDOSYS.DLL
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=195683

Why?
CDOSYS is not a direct replacement for CDONTS (1.x) nor a replacement
for CDO (1.x),
they can be used on the same system concurrently, if required. If a
program or script needs
to work with messaging objects using Microsoft Exchange Server as well
as the
SMTP and NNTP protocols, it can simultaneously access the CDO (1.1, 1.2,
1.21) Library,
the CDO (1.1, 1.2, 1.21) Rendering Library version, the CDONTS (1.x)
Library,
and the CDO for Windows 2000 (CDOSYS) Library. An application running on an
Automation controller such as Visual Basic can call all these libraries
and coordinate their activities.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.