[AccessD] Secure a DB...kinda?

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 15:29:01 CDT 2006

Hiding the tables does not prevent linking.

I'm not sure I can even do this...but the solution I've been asked to
provide is a way for someone to view a report...not have access to the
data...just view the report...this way no searching is allowed.  I can do
part of this by have a form at startup that turns off the bypass...gets rid
of ALL menus and shortcuts...and opens the report...this however does not
prevent them linking to the data from another db.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S...as for the reason why...lets just say there is a reason there are so
many lawyer jokes.