[AccessD] vb.Net - Checking for NULL values

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Jun 12 21:52:26 CDT 2006

I am using Visual Studio 2005 Express.  I want to check whether a
session value has been initialised and if not then set some
values.  If there is already a value in Session("ItemAmt") then I
don't want the values to change.  My code in the Page Load event is:

         If IsNull(Session("ItemAmt")) Then
             Session("ItemName") = "Description"
             Session("ItemAmt") = "100"
         End If

The problem is with the IsNull function.  I have not been able to
find out the equivalent method in VB.net.  Any pointers?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
New Zealand