[AccessD] One Question (Was Two Questions)

Karen Rosenstiel karenr7 at oz.net
Tue Jun 13 22:27:35 CDT 2006

OK, so with your collective help, this thing is coming along.

I want to sort the dictation passwords (a unique 5 digit number)with the
highest number on top so that when adding a new dictating provider to the
database, I can see what the next highest new number should be.
Unfortunately, I inherited this really crappy Excel spreadsheet and there's
a bunch of codes out of sequence. I think that people were just being lazy
and giving a random high number  to incoming requests because they didn't
feel like looking something up. So I can't just have some code to pick the
highest number, because it would be out of sequence.

Now I've got an unbound text box with the following code:

SELECT tStaff.StaffID, [LanierID] & " -- " & [LastName] &
IIf(IsNull([FirstName]),"",", " & [FirstName]) AS Lanier FROM tStaff ORDER
BY [LanierID] DESC;

I think the answer is probably going to be no, but... Is there a way I can
mark in the unbound box when the numbers go out of sequence.

In other words:

13888
-------------------> Is there some way to put a line here or different
colored text or some kind of marker
so that the users can can see at a glance what the next highest sequential
number shuld be?
12347
12346
12345