[AccessD] Default Printer Problem

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:43:59 CDT 2006

We have several Imagistics multifunction printers at our company and
they generally work as they are supposed to doing
printing/scanning/copying/faxing. All was well until we switched to
Access 2003. for some reason if you have one of these printers defined
as your decfault printer, Access 2003 acts as if you have NO DEFAULT
PRINTER and you therefore can't do anything with reports including
printing, previewing or designing. You can print to the printer if you
select it to be printed specifically to that printer, it just cannot
be the default.

I previously had a Windows 2000/Access 2000 system and had absolutely
no problems having this printer as my default printer but now I have a
Windows XP and Acesss 2003 system and I must now change my default to
a printer further away from my desk any time I need to do Access
Reports or even print or preview a query result.....   It's a pain
since I sit about 10 feet from this multifunctional printer and am
about 100 feet from a regular one.

Imagistics has no online technical support that I can see excepting
sending them an e-mail and waiting for a reply. Google searches didn't
come up with any obvious hits that detail anyone else having a similar
issue.

Any ideas?

--
Gary Kjos