[AccessD] SQL and Access

Kath Pelletti kp at sdsonline.net
Fri Jun 16 03:14:12 CDT 2006

Hi everyone -

Can I pick your brains? I have a client who needs to put some data on the web which will connect to a 3rd party shopping cart product, ie. they want to display their goods on the web and allow them to be sold on to retail clients. They already have the shopping cart side organised, but they have a statically typed website - no database to feed it.

They also need an internal system which will meet administration, management and reporting requirements - but fairly simple stuff. They are very strapped for cash (smirk) and want a fairly inexpensive solution. Lately I have been working on .net with SQL Server 2005 systems which would be a great solution - but way too expensive in development costs.

So what about SQL Server BE with Access front end? I know it's very common but can someone tell me:

- any gotchas
- cost for client in terms of licences they would need for SQL? I can't seem to find a clear answer by googling.

Thanks.