[AccessD] Two Questions

Karen Rosenstiel karenr7 at oz.net
Sat Jun 10 13:00:28 CDT 2006

Thank you Rocky!

Regards,

Karen Rosenstiel
Seattle WA USA

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Rocky Smolin -
Beach Access Software
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:15 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Two Questions

Karen:

The domain function would be I think:

lngNewIDCode=Dmax("fldDictationID","tblTableWhereTheDictationIDIs") +1

That would generate a new ID one more than the greatest current Dictation ID
number and it would end up in lngNewIDCode which you'd have to define as Dim
lngNewIDCode as Long.

If it's a bound form where they're adding the record I'd try it in the
Before Insert event setting the DMax value to the bound field on your form
in the table where this dictation ID goes.

Actually, what I'd do is make it a message box first and see if it's
generating the right number.

Re: the two tables - could you just put in a phone number field and a pager
field and keep it in one table??

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin