[AccessD] One Question (Was Two Questions)

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Wed Jun 14 11:59:32 CDT 2006

I suppose one way would be to create a table of missing numbers then use
this to assign next numbers. Not elegant but it sounds like elegance is not
a word one would associate with this spreadsheet. :-) You could create a
table in Access with all the numbers from 1-100,000. Create a table from the
spreadsheet with the existing numbers. Then create a "find unmatched query"
which will  show the numbers in the large table not present in the existing
table. Use this query to create a table of the missing numbers.
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: karenr7 at oz.net [mailto:karenr7 at oz.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:29 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] One Question (Was Two Questions)

Yes, that's what has to happen. These dictation codes used to be kept in a
big notebook. Then a spreadsheet was started. But the old numbers are in
use, just not on the spreadsheet. They started numbering at 8000, went to
99999 and then started back at 1. So I want to "fill in the holes" going
forward, but there are odd outlyers, not to mention wholes in the past.

Yuck.

Regards,
Karen Rosenstiel
Seattle WA USA