[AccessD] email from outlook

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 19 06:05:59 CDT 2006

John,

  The way I do it and have seen most others is that I *require* an SMTP
server to send notifications.  If the client doesn't have one, then they
don't get e-mail notifications.

  I send directly to an SMTP server because I never can be sure what e-mail
client is installed.  I've worked in environments with Lotus Notes, Outlook,
Thunderbird, etc; just too many different clients to worry about.

  SMTP is a standard, which will always be the same for basic message
sending.

  To do that, I've always used vbSendMail.

Jim.