[AccessD] Outlook Automation - rEDUX

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 22 13:25:16 CDT 2006

Not sure no longer have access to Exchange

I just have some notes on this
where exsess in this code would be
Set exsess = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")

http://windows.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/ms-exchange-l/accessing-the-public-folders-via-vb-104378

 From here Get an Outlook default folder
http://www.cdolive.com/cdo5.htm

Here's a sample. You don't need the Public Folders\All Public Folders
string, you use the property tag for the public folders hierarchy:

  Const PR_IPM_PUBLIC_FOLDERS_ENTRYID = &H66310102
  Dim objCDO As MAPI.Session
  Dim objFolder As MAPI.Folder
  Dim objTopFolder As MAPI.Folder
  Dim objInfoStores As MAPI.InfoStores
  Dim objInfoStore As MAPI.InfoStore
  Dim strRootID As String
  Set objCDO = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
  objCDO.Logon "", "", False, False
' Get InfoStore collection
Set objInfoStores = objCDO.InfoStores
' Loop through the collection until we have found the public
information store
' Only this infostore will return the indicated property without error
For Each objInfoStore In objInfoStores
  Err.Clear
  strRootID = objInfoStore.Fields(PR_IPM_PUBLIC_FOLDERS_ENTRYID).Value
  ' Check for possible errors
  If Err.Number = 0 Then

    ' Get root folder
    Set objTopFolder = objCDO.GetFolder(strRootID, objInfoStore.ID)
    Exit For
  End If
Next

' Get your folder
Set objFolder = objTopFolder.Folders("Shared Contacts")

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.