[AccessD] Display New/Updated items? (Kinda OT)

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 08:37:01 CST 2006

Hi group,

I've got an A2K app with a SQL Server 2000 b.e.
In this application we store information about all
application that we use (kind of knowledge base)

I want to create a form that displays new, or updated
items. However, we didn't implement the following 4
columns:
InsertedOn
insertedBy
LastUpdatedon
UpdatedBy

So we also didn't implement logic to fill these
columns (duh).

I came up with the idea to create a logging table with
where we can store info about new items or updated
items. I want to fill this table using triggers. For
every (importand) table I want to create 2 or 3
triggers (insert, update and perhaps delete).
In these triggers I would create logic that adds a
record in the logging table.

Does this make sence? Is this a good approach?

TIA

Sander