[AccessD] Regular Expressions?

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Wed Mar 15 11:56:26 CST 2006

How can I add the ability to use regular expression in Access 2000?

**Background**
We are performing data conversion from our old MRP system to our new ERP system and we are using Access to massage the data in between the two systems.
One of the decisions that we made was to go from all capital letters in our part number descriptions to proper case. At first I thought I would just convert each word to proper case but then I noticed that some of our descriptions look like "24CM 10MM ADAPTOR SLEEVE LG" and we would like the resulting text to look like "24CM 10MM Adaptor Sleeve LG" not "24cm Adaptor Sleeve Lg".
My best guess is to use regular expressions to identify most patterns and then probably go over the data manual to make sure we didn't miss anything.

Anyone have a better idea?

Thanks,
Joe Rojas
IT Manager