[AccessD] OT - Action Pack

Steve Conklin developer at ultradnt.com
Thu Mar 2 11:11:03 CST 2006

I have picked up a new client, mostly for server work, and when I asked him
if his Windows XP and Server 2003 were properly licensed, he showed me an
Action Pack.  This is a real estate office, but apparently because the word
"consulting" is in the company name, it was able to be registered to
whatever level necessary to get an Action Pack.

The question is, is there any long term risk associated with this?  Are
these things re-newable an unlimited number of times?  Will MS ever ask to
see a list of how many clients you have influenced to buy their products
through your Ac.Pack?  Or did this company find a loophole you could drive a
truck through?

I know there are a few Action Packers out there; I am an MSDN-U myself, so I
don't any details about this thing.

Thanks for any insight,
Steve