[AccessD] Table naming conventions

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 2 13:04:50 CST 2006

I agree and it's a bit of a nuisance with forms and reports -- trying to
sort them in a list for users -- big pain if they're prefixed with frm or
rpt.

Susan H.

All I'm really saying is that the Access user interface allows you to select
an object in the database window by typing the initial letter. Type 'D' and
the interface will jump to the first object in the list that starts with a
D. Type D again to jump to the next one. That's why I use suffixes instead
of prefixes. If you have a common prefix for your objects, you lose this
handy navigation feature.