[AccessD] Table naming conventions

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Mar 2 14:58:20 CST 2006

I do use naming conventions in VB.Net, at least as much as I'm allowed
to.  My boss decreed we would use suffixes instead of prefixes to name
forms, reports, etc., so related objects would sort together in the
project.  Now you have to read the entire name of the object to find out
what it is!  We've never used prefixes on table names, or fields, so
that hasn't been an issue in converting to .Net.  I prefer prefixes on
table names and I prefer prefixes because they allow my eye to skate
over the object types I don't want to examine without having to read the
entire name of the object.  SIGH!  I can't have everything I want.

Charlotte