[AccessD] Table naming conventions

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Mar 2 20:21:56 CST 2006

On 2 Mar 2006 at 18:55, John Colby wrote:

> LOL, because it is the wrong syntax and can cause the vba interpreter to get
> confused and do stupid things.  In the early days of Access, me.object was
> the accepted syntax.  Sometime around A97 Microsoft switched to the ! As the
> "accepted" syntax.  Dot is for properties, Bang is for objects.  Using Dot
> to refer to properties is known to cause weirdnesses.

I recently had to update a series of A97 applications to XP.  The original
developer had used "Me." in a number of places to refer to controls and I
had to change then to "Me!" before the upgraded app would compile.
Unfortunately, I can't rememer the exact error that they were throwing when
I tried to compile.

--
Stuart