[AccessD] Code to Copy a query to Excel and Open said file?

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Mar 3 22:32:22 CST 2006

I want to open an Access query and have its contents sent to an Excel file,
and have Excel open automatically with said file visible. I have played
around a little with TransferSpreadsheet, and if this method works, then I
am clearly doing something wrong. I have a sample file resembling the
desired result in Excel, so I could use that as a template in the "Word"
sense, but I need some guidance as to how to achieve this, because my
experiments have all failed. I checked Helen Feddema's site but her
Access->Excel heading says "Coming Soon".
Have you any suggestions in the interim?
TIA,
Arthur