[AccessD] Preventing childless parent records

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Tue Mar 7 08:00:38 CST 2006

> For moving off the record, it is a bit more complex since the only event
> that fires when you move to a different record is the Current event and
> there is no Cancel for that.

Actually, to handle something like moving off the record I turn off the
Access record navigation and make my own.  You can make one to look very
similar to the Access navigation.

Anyhow, in it you can write any code you want and you can then fire any
record checking code you want before allowing the user to change records.

The only option then to change records I guess you couldn't catch would be
Page Up or Page Down.  But maybe you could catch them using the Keystroke.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
812.523.1017