[AccessD] Access XP forms bound to ADO recordsets

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Thu Mar 16 13:42:41 CST 2006

Hi All,

There is newer version of subject test available at
http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/download/tests/a2dds.htm

If you will have some time when your compute will be free over weekend
please run it.

I will try to consistently enlarge/improve this test set.

Some users report it runs OK, e.g.:

<<<
Connection = Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;
Connection Timeout = 5;
Server=<SERVERNAME>\SQLEXPRESS;
Database=Northwind;
Integrated Security = SSPI;

Test successfully finished.
Backend: MS SQL
Cycles to pass: 2500
Cycles passed: 2500
Forms opened: 12500
Start time: 3/15/2006 5:03:45 PM
End time: 3/15/2006 6:11:13 PM

It (latest version) currently gives me trouble for MS Access 2003 backend
after about 2000+ cycles:

<<<
ADODB Bound Forms Crash Test v.1.9 [16-MAR-06]

Form_a_frmCrashTest.cmdCrashMe_Click(0): Err = 3011 - The Microsoft Jet
database engine could not find the object ''.  Make sure the object exists
and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.

Backend:       MS Access
Binding:       ADODB
Cycles to pass: 2300
Cycles passed: 2012
Forms opened:  10059
Start time:    16.03.2006 20:25:57
End time:      16.03.2006 22:07:35

Object statistics:
ClassName = CTestForm, Created = 6, Disposed = 6
ClassName = CFormDataset, Created = 71639, Disposed = 71639

It would be useful to have more statistics to find stable workarounds and/or
define the set of environments where this test doesn't run OK.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Shamil