[AccessD] Access XP forms bound to ADO recordsets

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Mar 24 23:41:00 CST 2006

John,

Something is wrong with your installation I think.

I did run the test with MS Access XP and it worked OK for 500 cycles, memory
alloaction was ~46MB.

<<<
ADODB Bound Forms Crash Test v.1.9.8 [25-MAR-06]

Test successfully finished.

Backend:       MS Access
Binding:       ADODB
Cycles to pass: 500
Cycles passed: 500
Total errors: 0
Forms opened:  2500
Start time:    25.03.2006 7:53:05
End time:      25.03.2006 8:21:10

Object statistics:
ClassName = CTestForm, Created = 6, Disposed = 6
ClassName = CFormDataset, Created = 23221, Disposed = 23220

I have another system where MS Access XP doesn't work that good.

We can compare what are the differences between your system and mine - the
test creates a2dds_mdb_process.xml with the information about all the used
DLLs etc. - this XML can be imported into MS Access mdb etc. - i.e. we can
find the differences of our installations and what part of this installation
creates the trouble. But the best and easiest looks like using MS Access
2003 SP2. The other systems create trouble, which doesn't worth (at least
here) to spend time on guessing how to workaround, at least until MS Access
2003 SP2 will work stable for all teh update modes (inserts, update,
delete) - currently only update is tested automatically and insert and
delete can be tested manually for Customers form, which doesn't have
Autonumber....

Shamil