[AccessD] Excel Automation ... Setting Default Formatting InE xcel

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Fri Mar 31 14:10:10 CST 2006

I use this code open the template:
strPathname="c:\template.xlt"
appExcel.Workbooks.Open strPathname, 0
The path I actually use is the path where Excel stores the templates by
default, something like
C:\Documents and Settings\jhale\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\TrialBal_Excel_6mo.xlt

In the code segment below I copy the worksheet Dept1 as many times as called
for from a recordset:
 'routine to create and rename Worksheets
    recset(1).MoveFirst
    Dim y As Integer, z As Integer, x As Integer
    z = .Worksheets("Dept1").Index

      For y = z To intRst4cnt + z - 1
      strName = recset(1)("fldDPname")
        .Worksheets(y).Name = strName
        .Worksheets(y).Select
        .Range("A10").FormulaR1C1 = y - z + 1 'set index number of sheet

        .Range("A1").Select
         If Not recset(1).RecordCount = y - z + 1 Then
          .Worksheets(z).Copy After:=Worksheets(y)
         End If
        If Not recset(5).EOF Then recset(1).MoveNext
    Next y
I am sending you a sample database off list that shows how to paste data
into template. HTH
Jim Hale