[AccessD] Outlook and Access

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu May 11 00:21:34 CDT 2006

Dear list:

I have a request from a client to program something in Outlook but I
have no idea where to start.  Quote:

"If an email comes in with a 6 digit (alphanumeric) code in the Subject
line, Outlook would make a call to Access, passing along the code and
then delete the email.  No code, email automatically deleted.  The call
to access would cause the code to be looked up and a status report
emailed to the client if the code is current. "

I suppose the receipt of any email would have to trigger this hunk of
code.

I've put a lot of code behind Excel sheets to push data into an Access
database but never from Outlook.  Does anyone know of any code samples,
snips, explanations, etc. that could get me started on this?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334