[AccessD] To re-link or not to re-link...

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Mon May 15 10:33:21 CDT 2006

Hey,

We have a system that was originally developed in Access 97.  There were a
number of tables that were linked to the FE.  There were issues (not sure
what they were as no one remembers and I did not write the original) with
the system if the tables were not re-linked each time the system is loaded.

Well, here we are today and the app has grown into Access XP.  The system
has grown and now has over 100 tables.  As such, it takes about .6 seconds
per table to re-link them all.

Does anyone know what the issues may have been before and if they still
exist in Access XP?  Anyone have any pointers to further information?

Thanks,
Bobby